Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Family

This is my family, posted in no particular order.
I was blessed with a total of 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls. I had 5 miscarriages and my second child died of crib death, so my children are especially precious to me. My Doctor once told me that most women, whose bodies do what mine did, have no children, so I have always felt incredibly lucky and blessed to have each and every one of them.

In chronological order they are:
James is the oldest, but I'm not actually old enough to be his Mom, we adopted him when he was 10 years old.
Laurie is my first born and I was so excited she was a girl because I grew up with 8 brothers and didn't get my only sister until I was 12. My sister, Ellen, was 8 when Laurie was born, so she is closer to Laurie's age than to mine.
Tresa is my second daughter and she died of SIDS at 6 weeks old.
Barry is next, born exactly one month short of 3 years after Laurie.
He is followed by Lisa, 2 months shy of 3 years later.
Scott "brings up the rear", 5 years down the road.

No comments: